A TWO MONTHS INTERNSHIP REPORT CARRIED OUT AT UNITY CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY (UNICS) PLC BUEA BRANCH FROM 04TH JULY TO THE 30TH OF AUGUST 2021
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The word internship could be defined in different ways by different people but all of which have the same meaning which is a system on the job training for white collar and professional careers i.e. internship is a period where students go through an industrial training in which they are given the opportunity to gain practical knowledge of what they have been taught in school. I did my internship in UNICS PLC.
Unity Co-operative Society (UNICS) PLC is a category two microfinance institution, founded in January 2000 as a category one micro finance institution with a single branch in downtown Yaoundé. This institution operates the same as a bank apart from the fact that it has a limited amount of loan it can offer to the general public.
On my first day at work, I was introduce to the following persons;
The Branch Manager: Mr Njang Sylvester
The Customer service officer: Mme Antah Macrina
The Teller: Mme Batey Bessem (aunty bess)
The Operations Officer: Mr Wirba Emmanuel
These workers are present workers who run the day to day activities of UNICS PLC Buea branch as at present date.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF INTERNSHIP
1.2.1 PERSONAL OBJECTIVES
- My personal objectives for my internship are to have a working experience and also to put in practice what I have learnt in school.
- I wish to learn on how to use the various software UNICS PLC uses and to know how it has programmed its networking.
- To perfectly understand the company in terms of products they offer, the organisational structure and how a MFI like UNICS PLC operates.
- To acquire a Bsc degree in Banking and finance.
1.2.2 ORGANISATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Unity Co-operative society as a micro-finance has the following objectives:
- To enable communities create wealth.
- To provide financial services to the unbanked.
- To stimulate the economy.
- To reward shareholders.