AN EXAMINATION OF THE IMPACT OF MERGER AND ACQUISITION ON BANK PERFORMANCE
|BANKING AND FINANCE|
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
1.0 GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE STUDY
The recent competition by banks to entrance their shares capital was spared by the induced consolidation exercise when may initiated by the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Professor Charles Soludo at te quarter of 2004.
The vision according to Soludo may ensure that, the financial service sector of the nation economic growth in recent time all, most of all the banks are going back to the nation capital to raise fresh fund to enhance their capital to raise fresh fund to enhance their capital base and expand branch network, locally and internationally.
The eagerness to raise more money that is the capital base may pushed than to incorporate merger and acquisition as a component part of their fund raising scheme.
June 1997 merger is the coming together of two or more company to become large company.
While acquisition is when a bigger company acquire the smaller one in term of it financial responsibility.
In this case, the performance of bank may improved especially in the area of breach networking and the service they render to the general public modern to meet the demand of their customer, it may also improve the capacity of the banks to finance major project in Nigeria.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The research work will show the problem of merger acquisition on bank performance as follows:
1. What are the problems associated with merger and acquisition on bank performance?
2. How merger and acquisition affect the banking industries?
3. What are the effect of merger and acquisition on bank performance?
4. What are the benefit customer acquire from bank as a result of merger acquisition?
5. What are the problem associated with merger and acquisition on bank performance?
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is on how the establishment on aims of merger and acquisition on bank performance. Therefore, the following lead to the aim and objective of the study.
1. I study this research to examine the conceptual issue on merger acquisition.
2. I study this research to find out how merger and acquisition on bank performance
3. I study this research to determine the effect on merger acquisition on bank performance
4. I study this research to enumerate the benefit customer acquire as a result of merger acquisition.
5. I study this research to find out the problem of merger acquisition on bank performance.
1.3 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is cover the data collected from the bank chosen as a case study (Intercontinental bank plc Ilorin) the boards of director, corporate responsibility and management of the company.
The following may the problem we face in the course of writing the project such as the factor, lack of finance, unavailability of data from the case study chosen, lack of corporation from the members.
However effect may be made to ensure that the above constraint that limitation does not affect the effective completion of the research work.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the research work will be on verification of the effect of the merger and acquisition on bank performance, it will also be in consideration on how and which way the company should, merger and acquire.
The following categories of people will benefit on the research work.
It enable the bank customers to have full knowledge that their interest is protected.
It will benefit the banking industries to have more knowledge on merger and acquisition.
It assist the student that makes the research work in this topic, to carry the research work more effectively.
It will enable the people from different profession to have on performance of banks.
It will also be a benefit for further research study.