ASSESSING THE SIGNIFICANCE OF ADVERTISING TO BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
I am writing this project in attempt to investigate on the significance of advertising to business organizations, emphasis on Unilever Nigeria plc, Apapa.
In accomplishing the purpose of the study, the followings shall be looked into:
In chapter one, we shall look into background of the study, statement of problem, aims and objectives of the study, research questions, significance and need of the study, limitation and delimitation as well as definition of key terms.
Chapter two deals with literature review “definition of advertising, historical background, types of advertising, aims and objectives of advertising, developing an advertising campaign, advertising media and importance of advertising.
Chapter three deals with research methodology research design, which are population and sample size, source of data, method of collection, data analysis and validity and reliability of instrument.
Chapter four deals with presentation analysis and interpretation of data.
It involves presenting data collected, analyze those data and make use of it.
Chapter five contains summary of findings, conclusion and recommendations.
This project work will be prepared in a way that all will be useful for business organizations and academicians.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Promotional activities have contributed greatly to the creation of affluent society.
In promoting a promotional strategy, management commonly use three (3) basic forms of promotion: personal selling, advertisement and sales promotion.
Advertisements and promotions are essential features of our distribution system in business organizations being the fact that production is not complete until it gets to the final consumers.
The success of every business depends on the promotion of patronage received from the public.
Most personal selling efforts consist of the following seven steps: prospective, pre-approach, presentation, trail close, answering objectives and close personal selling which is the oral presentation in a conversation or meeting more prospective buyers for the purpose of making sales.
Sales promotion is identified as those marketing activities other than personal selling, advertisement and publicity.
Personal selling includes: display show, exhibition, demonstration and various other non recovering selling effort.
In most firms, advertisement and sales promotion are used primarily to reinforce the personal selling efforts
Creative advertisement is a field in which noticeable progress has been made since the emergence of the modern business with the industrial revolution of the 19th century, time has changed, buyers and sellers are now more sophisticated and intelligent.
There is a closer relationship between the two parties i.e. buyers and seller relationship.
There is choice and more aggressive competition.
Advertising agency is an organization equipped to undertake all phases of the preparation and execution of the advertisement campaign which includes: writing, copy creating at work, selecting and making contacts with media houses.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
Unilever Nigeria plc like any other business organization has its own problems, particularly in the area of advertisement. Some of the problems include:
1. Transportation: this is one of the problems faced by unilever Nigeria plc.
This is the movement of the product from the production point to the final consumers across the nation.
2. Communication: The problem of communication is usually faced by consumers because sometimes they may want to get some vital information about a particular product which may not be possible due to the wide gap between them i.e. the producers and the consumers.
3. Distribution: The problem of distribution process i.e. from the producer-wholesalers-retailer tends to increase the prices of goods and the final consumers will pay more than those consumers nearer to the depot or production point.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The principal objective of this research work is to assess the importance of effective advertising in the business organization with particular reference to unilever Nigeria plc.
Oregun. The project aims at accomplishing the followings.
1. To inform potential customers and users of the existence of product or services and the benefit they can bestow on the purchaser.
2. To influence the potential buyer and users of the given product that the benefit that would be derived from the product is greater and more superior to that of other competitors
3. To remind established users and buyers of their continual existence and the improvement of the product and services.
4. To regain their lost customers.