AN EVALUATION OF STUDENT INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE SCHEME
|JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATION|
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
The word SIWES can be defined as a body of a person (student) interest in a particular subject which is connect with the people and the activities involving in producing a particular thing in industry involving in hard physical works rather than office work, in order to gain knowledge and skill through the job under gone for a period to time (experience) under a system for the organization thinks (scheme) SIWES student industrial work experience scheme was established by I.T.F IN 1974 to solve the problem of lack of adequate practice skill preparatory from employment in industries by Nigeria graduate of tertiary institution the scheme exposes the student to industry based skill necessary for smooth transistor from classroom to the world of work .
It afford student of tertiary institution the opportunity of being familiarization and exposed to the needed experience in handling the machinery and equipment which are usually not available in this educational institution.
The Industrial Training Fund ( I.T.F) was set up under the act no 47 of 1971 ( as amended up to date) to promote and encourage the acquisition of skill in industries and commerce with a view to generating a pool indigenous trained manpower sufficient to meet the need of economy.
Participation in SIWES has become a mandatory precondition for the award of national diploma and degree certificate in specific discipline in most institution of higher learning in the country in accordance with the education policy of government operation the i.t.f coordinating agencies (NICC, NCCE, AND NBTE) employer of labour and the institution.
• Funding: The federal government of Nigeria efficiencies undergraduate student of the following.
Agriculture, Engineering, Technology, Environment science, Pure and Applied science.
• Duration: Four month for polytechnic, college of education and the entire engineering course in the university. Six month for engineering student of university.
1.2 DEFINITION OF SIWES
SIWES can be defined as the practical experience of a student in order to have quality control and satisfactory performance while in the field.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1) Help to solve the problem of lack of adequate practical skill preparatory for employment in the industrial by Nigeria graduate of certain in situation.
2) To provide student of I.T.
The opportunity to be familiarized and exposed to the needed experience in handling machinery and equipment which are usually not available education institution.
3) To promote, encourage the acquisition of skill in industries and comers with a view to generate a pool of indigenous trained manpower sufficient to next the need of the economy.
4) To enhance student to put in practical all they have learnt theoretically in the school.
5) To exposed the student and broaden their knowledge on the practical aspect if the cause they are pursuance in the various school.
6) To improve facilities technological development of the country the scheme exposed the student to industrial based skill necessary for a smooth transition from the classroom to world work.
7) The industrial fund as human resource development organization how its care mandate top be that of training to improve the performance of the industrial work force in the economy by training for acquisition and improvement of work process.