AN INTERNSHIP REPORT BASED ON A ONE-MONTH INDUSTRIAL PLACEMENT AT A WING CENTRAL COOPERATIVE CREDIT UNION (AWICCUL) BUEA FROM THE 1st JULY TO THE 31st OF JULY 2019
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
The work attempt to empirically investigate the definition of internship, characteristics, objectives, limitations and the importance of the internship in the field of business studies. This study also tries to investigate the background information of the area I which the intern carried out the industrial attachment, the activities that were carried out during the course of the internship, the relationship between theory [what was learned in school] and practice. Moreover, emphasis is laid on the strengths and weaknesses that are likely faced by the organization where this industrial training was conducted.
It is worth nothing that this intern placed a lot of attention on loan management in the union, that is loan granting procedures, requirement to obtain a loan, the criteria set by the union to give out loans, loan recovery procedures and the loan policy of the credit union. An appraisal was then done on the different departments of the credit union in a bit to proposed solutions and or recommendation of the quarters.
All these culminated to a conclusion. From a general evaluation however, the internship was very enriching, the field supervisors welcoming and the material required for effective learning in the field available. This has blended the theory we acquired in school with the practice; thus preparing the intern to face the challenges of the job market. More so; the strength of the organizations was seen in it good reputation, competent staff, large membership, location which has enable the credit union to stay as a going concern.
The credit union also have some weaknesses such as lack of suggestion box, insufficient members of staff, no security so, we advise the union to made available a suggestion box so that member can make their proposal or ideas for the union, employ new workers to occupy the vacuum in the union will increase job performance and efficiency.
- Background Of The Internship
Cameroon has great vision. This vision is to be emergence nation by the year 2035. For this objectives to come to past, the government of Cameroon has to give room to professionalism and specialization. Affirming to this vision is the reason why professional institute of learning, such as higher institute of management (HIMS) Buea has taken the responsibility to bring up experts in in various business concerns as their own contributions to nation building to match up with challenges ahead. HIMS like any other higher institute of learning has a strategy of taking student to the field through industrial placement (internship)
An internship is a temporal job that offer training and supervision. Other word use to describe it as; on the job training or apprenticeship. Since difference terms are used, one can say an internship is a work experienced that offers guidance and supervision by a train professional. Internship is a requirement by the Bamenda as a partial fulfillment for the award of the B.Tech. Degree. Aside this, I was privileged to be an intern for a period of one month in the organization TTCCUL. It covers the period as from july 15 to august 15 2019 and was supervised by Madam Edith the manager of TTCCUL.
- Why The Internship
- To equip students with the practical part of theory learned in school.
- To prepare students for the job market upon graduation from the university.
- To teach students on how to manage a company.
- To serve the purpose of pre-orientation while permitting students to establish contact in business society.
- To create a link between the school, students and various organization.
- To help build their CV (Curriculum Vitae) which is an added advantage in the job market.
- Characteristics Of Internship
- It contribute to the student personal and professional development through challenging work assignment and it I completed before the student graduate from the university.
- Internship is must successful when the student, the university and the employer all share responsibility in making a valuable experience.
- It build upon the relationship the department/ university has with the employer (institutions).
- The student will have a reflection and evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship.
- It include career relate experience that complement what is learned in the class room.
- It involve a supervision component that Is monitoring educational.
- It is planned and schedule through consultation with the university so as to fit into the graduate experience. This means an official letter is given with an evaluation form by the university to the companies to evaluate the student.
- Aims and objectives of internship