AN ASSESSMENT OF BRAND MANAGEMENT IN BREWERY INDUSTRY
|BANKING AND FINANCE|
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION
Brand is an element which makes up the symbolic or augment product decision make by a firm in connection with making a product which usually includes branding.
The element that constitute the instrument through which the competitors fight each other among other thing brands limitation or brand involvement and in an attempts to fight back this competitors.
There is need for “brand management” which emphasis on strength and weakness of other competitor in combination with their own strength which now serves as opportunities to the management to enter in the market so as to provide the exact brand needed.
What then is a Brand?
A brand is a name term sign, symbol or design or a combination of them, which intend to identify the goods and services of one seller or group of seller and to differentiate term from their competitors brands for star larger (1949).
1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
Nigeria Breweries Plc, the pioneer and largest bewaring company in Nigeria was incorporated in 1946 and recorded a land mark when the first bottle of star beer rolled off the bottling line in it Lagos brewery in 1963 the company acquired it fifth brewery in Enugu.
The company now has the breweries from which it high quality product are distributed in all part of the country.
Nigeria breweries plc has a rich portfolio of high quality brands star larger (1949 Guider larger brand Beer (1970 Martina (1996) Legend Extra Stout (1992).
Amsted Melta (1994) and the Schweppes range of carbonic in December 1996
This introduction of crutch orange in June 1998 the company also launched Heineken larger into the Nigeria market.
Also the company has an increasing export business that date back 1986.
currently they export to United kingdom, United State of American, Italy, Neither land, Germany and Kenya.
Nigeria breweries plc, keeps pace with the key international development, thus ensuring that it system, process and operation procedures are always kin conformity with proceed best practices in most part of he world.
It is in line with this policy that the company established a research and development centre at Lagos in 1987 to enhance it research activities on all aspect of the bewaring operations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The problem of brand management is a subject is a subject that has to be handed by any industry or organization that is into branching of it’s product because of it competitors and for it own benefit also and they are often categories as follows how to increase sales volumes to get the desire profit e.g.
1. How to increase the turnover of a 19 billion naira in 1998 to get an increase profit.
2. How to be cost effective on the product and factory over head so as to maximize profit.
3. How to reduce the cost of production and achieve the best of product standard.
4. How to coordinate the individual involved in achieving the effective brand management policy so as not to be a failure
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The most important objective of carrying out the study are: –
1. To give room to the student to see and understand the practically what is been taught in the lecture room
2. To aid the company in the identification of product that might not be contributing to the achievement of the brand management policy as to make adjustment to aid buying decision of the potential customer.
3. Brand management guides against exploitation by hungry competitors.