Examining The Factors That Influence business management Taking Into Consideration The Needs Of Their Staff
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
Motivation is a common term used in human resources management, and it defined as the internal drive which moves a person towards a goal at meeting personal needs since motivation plays a major role in business organization to achieve the desired result through effective man power utilization. Many researchers in motivation summarizes that except man is motivated to an optimum level, the business organization will not meet the expected degree of productivity into an organization, money and material are also contributing factors. One of the greatest problems faced by most business organization is the total neglect of human motivation. This have often resulted into industrial disharmony. Another problem faced by business organization is the issue of motivation is inadequate welfare package, housing, transportation, opportunity for training and retraining, health care benefits, pension and gratuity, just to mention a few out of the so many motivational problems faced by a business organization. The above motivational problems are my observation in a business organization especially in the area of my case study (PZ. Nig. Plc) and it was based on the above that I choose the topic “The relevance of staff motivation and performance in a business organization (case study: PZ Nigeria Plc Abuja)
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
Motivational problems cut across all areas of human endeavors. These often affect the moral and productivity of individuals working in public and private enterprises.
Thus, one could deduced the following as motivation problems seem in PZ. Nig PLC Abuja Regional office.
- Inadequate information on Employment Policy.
- Inability to involve intermediate and junior staff in decision making process.
- Partial implementation of welfare packages such as housing etc.
- Inadequate facilities to enhance staff productivity lack of working facilities like machine operators.
- Inadequate privilege given to staff to go for training and be retrained.
- Non-adherence to the implementation of workers compensation policy.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of embarking on the project is to view those motivational factors that enhance staff motivational to employee.
The research will also highlight the relevance of staff motivation in business organization, particularly in PZ Nig Plc. Abuja and make possible recommendation that can enhance staff motivation in business organization.
1.3 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The research hypothesis will be analyzed using the null and alterative hypothesis.
- Ho: motivation is an important factor that increases staff morale and performance in Business Organization.
- Hi: Motivation is not an important factor that increases staff morale and performance in Business Organization.
- Ho: Welfare package is relevant in enhancing staff motivation in Business Organization.
- Hi: Welfare package is not relevant in enhancing staff motivation in Business Organization.
1.4 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to PZ Nig. Plc Abuja Regional Office. The limitation of this research is based on the fact that there has been no periodic evaluation of staff motivation especially in PZ Nig. Plc Abuja Regional Office.
This may be due to the fact the degree of operational activities coupled with few manpower, the assumption is always that there is contentment among staff of the organization. I will therefore limit myself to few of the problem identified in PZ Nig. Plc Abuja Regional Office and the effects on its workers.
In the course of this study the researcher encountered some problems. These were finances, time and scope of the study.
1.5 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDIES
The objectives of the study is to examine factors and relevance of staff motivation and performance in Peterson Zochonis (PZ) Nig. Plc Abuja. Regional Office among other things the study will seek
- To ascertain the factors that militates against business management to enhance staff motivation, example, funding, policy and politics.
- To explore the relationship between the business management and the entire staff.
- To identify whether the business management satisfy needs of their staff in regards to motivational packages.
- To look at the area of funding as its affect staff welfare.
- To recommend bases on the outcome of the study areas that the management will improve its staff morale.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDIES
- It will enhance the under understanding of contents, policy and process of staff motivation in PZ. Abuja Regional Office.
- It will afford me an insight of the total concept of motivation.
- To provide opportunity for theory researchers to acquired knowledge and information on staff motivation.
- It will afford opportunity for the business management to improve in areas of staff motivational deficiency.
- The study will provides bases for further implementation of motivational packages for staff.
- The study would provide the partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of Higher National Diploma.