Internship carried out at the Kumba Divisional Treasury
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
Background to the study
Internship is a requirement of the university of Buea in partial fulfilment for the award of Bachelors degree. Against this backdrop, I was provided to be an inter for a period of two months at the Divisional Treasury Kumba. It covered the period from 11th September to 3rd November, 2017 and was guided by a field supervisor (The Divisional Treasurer).
Definition of internship
Internship could be defined as a period of time within which someone or a student undergoes practical training in a company under the supervision of that company. It is an opportunity for a student to intergrade career related experience into an undergraduate education by participating in a planned and supervised real-world experience to those looking to explore or gain the relevant knowledge and skills required to enter into a particular career. It is a relatively short termed in nature with the primary focus on getting someone on the job training and taking what is learnt in the classroom and applying it someone on the real world Interns generally have a supervisor who assigns specific tasks and evaluate the interns overall work.
Interns can be high school, university or even adults interested in trying out a new career. Many university students do internship to gain relevant experience in a particular career as well as get exposure to determine if they have a genuine interest in the field. Internship is an excellent way to build all those important connections that are invaluable in developing and maintaining a strong profession for the future.
CHARACTERISTICS OF INTERNSHIP
- It is carried out by a student as a requirement of the university.
- It involves a supervision component that is mentoring and educational
- It is most successful when the student, the university, and the organization all share responsibility in making it valuable experience.
- It includes career related experiences that complement what is learnt in the classroom.
- It builds up the relationship the university has with employers and companies.
- It contributes to the students personal and professional development through challenging work assignments.
- It enables the student have a reflection and evaluation process at the conclusion of internship.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF INTERNSHIP
The college of business subscribes to the following objectives but does not expect each student to achieve every objective. Many of the program objectives will only be important to a few students but each student should achieve a substantial portion of those listed.
- Internship gives students the opportunity to test their interest in a particular field before permanent commitments are made.
- It helps interns acquire skills in the application of theory to practical work situations
- It provides students the opportunity to develop an attitude conductive to affect interpersonal relationship.
- Interns may be opportune to earn salaries while pursuing their educational career.
- It provides students with an in-depth knowledge of the formal functional activities of participating.
- It will increase students sense of responsibility
- Interns turnout to gain employment record and references that will enhance employment opportunity.
- It may lead to a job opportunity for an intern in the future in that company.
- Interns will acquire good work habits both in dressing and personal interactions with staffs and colleagues.