THE ACCOUNTABILITY IN AGRICULTURAL SECTOR
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
Government accounting is the process of recording, analyzing, summarizing, communicating and interpreting financial information about government I aggregate and in detail, reflecting all transaction the receipt, transfer and disposition of government funds and property.
This effect is as laid down in the Audit ordinance 1956 and the financial control and management ordinance of 1958. The provisions of these two ordinances have been integrated and additional provisions were made in the constitution of federation of Nigerian (1963).
The purpose of the project however is to determine effectiveness and the appropriateness of the accounting in government establishment in order to support its continued use and hence modify it system as necessary.
To this effect, the accounting system of a typical government establishment (in this case Kwara Agricultural Development Project, Ilorin) has been analyzed in full, for a long period now, less attention has been paid to the government accounting system which makes it almost impossible to notice defects. The study will be a sort of X-ray on the government accounting system so as to notice any deflection from the provision of the ordinance, as well as suggest reasonable improvements on the existing system.
PROBLEM OF THE STUDY
1.2 The devastating nature of the Agricultural sector of the economy was as a result of over dependent on income from crude oil by the government (i.e. mono product economy) which has caused a lot of damage to the economy of the country.
In view of the above plight, the researcher had embarked on this research work to find a dependable solution to the following problems.
- Increase in unemployment rate in the country as a result of agricultural sector neglected.
- Lack of Accountability and transparency in the disbursement of funds to the Agricultural sector of the economy.
- Less attention given to Agricultural sector cause an increase in poverty.
- Poor infrastructural facilities as a constraint to the Agricultural development.
- Increase in food crises in the country as a result of the Agricultural sector neglected
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims of this write up are of five fold or aspects which are:-
- To highlight the importance of accounting system in agricultural development.
- To emphasis on accounting obligation expected to every government accounting officers and their subordinates.
- To appraise the government accounting system in general and that of Agricultural Development projects in particular (A.D.P)
- To analysis the problem associated with Agricultural Development project in relation to Accountability and transparency.
- To expanciate on the problems enumerated above.
1.4 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
The method adopted in conducting this research on “Accounting system” was through personal interview and company records. The research focused on planning section, capital budget section on main finance department.
Interview is a process of asking questions and demanding immediate answers to each question through personal contract system.
Interview method adopted as the foundation for collecting vital information is the purpose of the study, some of the officials in charge of budget preparation in the organization were interviewed as well as the senior officers in some departments.