THE IMAPACT OF STOCK EXCHANGE ON THE ECONOMY
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION
This impact of stock exchange in the Nigeria economy is the topic of this project work. It examines the impact which the stock exchange plays in Nigeria economy. When we talk of Government securities
- A market for Government securities
- A market for private shares
This creates the need for mechanism for selling and buying of securities or shares. The stock exchange with price support at per.
The price of Government stock exchange fixed are sold to buyers according to their needs. The market for private securities.
From government securities e.g more trading is induced.
The exchange is mainly the place for the purchase and sales of securities hared quoted securities. Quoted securities are those which the stock exchange council has agreed may be sold on the exchange only the securities listed or quoted companies are traded on the exchange firm must meet the listed requirement of the stock exchange.
The Nigeria stock exchange started as the Lagos stock exchange in 1960. it commenced the Nigeria stock exchange in 1977 and established in Kaduna and Port Harcourt.
Securities dealt on the stock exchange include industrial e.g debentures, ordinate shared, preference shares, cult edges securities.
The stock exchange is governed by its council which is elected by members of stock exchange.
It performs the following functions:
- To protect that the rule of the stock exchange are observer by its members.
- To protect the inverting public. The memberships are three groups which are:
Include those who signed the memorandum of association in 1966 when Nigeria stock exchange was incorporated C.T. saving and CO (Nig) Ltd.
Investment company of Nigeria Ltd Sir Odum, Akintola Williams and Alhaji Shedu.
Those admitted on application to the Nigeria stock exchange. These are firms that intend to seek dealing membership or which are in a position to give financial and investment advice to the exchange.
Individual person or firms or co-operate body licensed by the council of the Nigeria stock to deal in stock, shares and all for the time being granted quotation on the Nigeria stock exchange, Currently, they are mainly firm’s stock brokers.
1.2 IMPORTANCE THE STUDY
Despite the tremendous impact played by stock exchange and the benefit operate in the stock exchange market and Nigeria economy enjoy. There is little evidence to show that the stock exchange does not manifest some optimizing characteristic which are very important in the development of capital market and the Nigeria economy as a whole.
The study is relevant and justifiable to the extent that it will after examining its problem, the role and impact of the evaluated and measures that will be sufficiently discussed.
However, the main focus and objectives of the analysis includes the following:
- To trace the history of Nigeria Stock exchange
- To highlight the impact of the stock exchange in Nigeria economy
- To highlight the functions of the stock exchange market to the economy
- To examine the deficiencies in the stock exchange
- To make recommendations for the development of the stock exchange in the Nigeria economy.
What is the meaning of stock exchange?
What are the features of the stock exchange?
What are the contributions of stock exchange to the Nigeria economy?
1.3 NEEDS TO THE STUDY
As it has been early stated, this project work is to cover the impact played and Nigeria stock exchange in the Nigeria economy. Despite all the problems and difficulties on this study. As reviewed to generate the impact to perform by the stock exchange.
The scope of this study is largely on the impact of the stock exchange. The under development nature of the Nigeria economy market it imperatives for the stock exchange to be catalyst for economy growths and development of Nigeria.
The exchange can only perform this rule by essentially catering for long term investment needs of business and government.
However, the main focus is on the examination of the stock exchange over the year and making recommendation of its development of the Nigeria economy.
1.4 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work looks into the problem stock exchange in Nigeria such as:
- The vigorous listing requirements.
- The high positive transition cost of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- The presence of un-regular information markets
- The securities law.
It is on a basic of fact that this study is being carried to determine exactly the impact of the stock exchange in the Nation economy.
The whole part of this research is divided into five main paragraphs on heading, dealing with the specific of this project work.
The introduction deals with the topic, the Nation economy. It examines the impact which stock exchange plays in the Nigeria economy. The stock is mainly the place for the purchase and sale of second quoted securities objectives of this deals with the tremendous impact by the stock exchange and economy enjoy.
The main focus and the limitation of the analysis include the following:
- To trace the history of stock exchange.
- To highlight the impact of the stock exchange in the economy of the countries.
- To highlight the functions of exchange market.
1.6 DEFINATION OF TERMS
It has been earlier stated, this project work is to discover the impact played by the stock exchange in the economy. Despite all the term on this study is based on the Nation stock exchange and who they are using the terms.
- QUOTED: Are the share quoted on the floor of the stock exchange at a price given e.g 80k per share.
- SECURITIES: Is a document or certificate showing ownership of properties.
- STOCKS: Are the money lent to a government in return for interest share in the capital of a business company e.g N500 in the stock or the banks invest once money is a save stock.
- STOCK HOLDER: Are people whose business or are the people who invest his money in another business.
- STOCK BROKER: Are the person whose dealing buying and selling of stock on the stock exchange.
- JOBBER: Are the members of the stock exchange from whom a stock broker buy and to whom he sells stock list in the publication with current price of stock and share.
- EXCHANGE: This is giving and receiving money from one person or country for that of another relation in value between lands or country used in different countries the rate of exchange is between the naira and dollars or pounds etc.
- DEBENTURE: Certification given by a business co-operation etc as receipt for money lent at a fixed rate interest until the principal is repaid.