THE RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
A local government is recognize through its function and the provision makes then local government economic development of the people with jurisdiction towards improvement the living of the local popularities are however the rural dwellers. The question that readily comes to mind why rural development or who should contribute to rural development noticeable rural development and local government are inter-woven, hence hand in hand.
Rural development implies on the innovation or modernization of sub-towns within the local government which are very far away to the state of regional government local government authority, under the 1963 republic and construction were independent bodies created by the regional government “local government was mere appendages with little or no authority” for independent action to state administration that created and appointed them.
Rural development in this country should be potential solid rural development should be seen as the corner stone of a development process of any nation an effective local government is better placed as a government at the grass root. Reducing the level of rural poverty for the development of rural areas in world of education scheme. Involves a through going transformation of social structure and extensive mobilization and motivation of the masses. However, a government that is for away from data to day realistic of rural area is unlikely to be equip the task of rural development.
Rural development as a part of local government endeavours shall be discussed in subsequent chapter ahead.
1.2 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is the choose cane study of Ilorin east local government area of Kwara State and its rural environment. The topic entails a very wide range but gracefully limited to a local government level. However there are relevance and similarities in a various local authorities, management principles and organization performance but to the major concern, is rural development nevertheless, in this research work facts and data are much relevant to the chosen topic.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- To understand how local government administration serves as an agent of communication development.
- To understand the historical background of Ilorin East Local Government Area.
- To identify the problems facing local government in rural development
- To recommend a suitable solution s to the identified problems.
- To know the instrument background of Ilorin East Local Government.
1.4 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
Priors to the 1976, a local government reform in Nigeria the system of local government authorities in the country was so cumbersome and each state was practicing its own system
In west cases local governments are faced with a lot of responsibilities and function eve self generated resources and insufficient compared to the needs. Its dutiful task under the law and guideline are to provide both social and economic needs for its people.
To ascertain the validity and genuinely in development of rural areas of Ilorin East Local Government area of Kwara State. The following statement could be used to test for any Local Government validity.
- The impact of Ilorin East local Government as regard development in rural areas.
- The distribution and analysis of social and economic facilities to the rural area and its populace.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
- The study will contribute to the body of existing knowledge.
- The Study will serve as guidance to the executive committee in the Local Government.
- It will also serve as material to other researchers and student of public administration.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Administration: Means the process or act of organizing the way things are done.
- Development: Means a multi-dimensioned re-organization and re-orientation on the entire economic and social system changes in structure, attitude acceleration of economic growth eradication of object poverty and radial change in administrative structures.
- Local Government: Means a sub-division of national and regional government which performs function which meanly all cases its legal power from national or regional government.
- Public Administration: Means formulation, implementation and modification of public policy.
1.7 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
In this essay, chapter contains the introduction and background to the study scope and limitation of the study objective of the study statement of problem, significance of the study, definition of the terms used in the study and organization of the study chapter two contains the literature review meaning of local government, types of local government function of local government problem of local government and objective of rural development. Chapter three contains research of data, method of data analysis and research problems chapter four deals with data presentation, interpretation of the findings brief history of the case study and chapter five consist of summary conclusion recommendation and references